[tor-talk] How does the new browser know where to find old bookmarks?

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Thu Feb 2 18:38:47 UTC 2012

On 2/2/2012 11:22 AM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
> You'll have to import them into Aurora from Firefox (or any other) by
> using the "Import & Backup" from bookmarks library.  Either use Import
> from HTML, if coming from another FF version, or Import from another
> browser.
If this is Windows (or another OS- browser bookmarks work similarly), if
the bookmarks weren't saved to default location, you'll have to BROWSE
to the location in the import bookmark screen.  It doesn't seem to
remember any location other than default.  You can easily browse to the
correct location.

You * can * also just copy / paste the latest bookmark file (probably
the .json format) from the old location / old version into new one.
I've done this many times in FF.  Works same in Aurora.
If you COPY, just make sure it the latest date file (or date you want) &
paste it into new version.  You DEFINITELY want to backup existing
bookmarks from the version you're working with (if there are any),
before copying or importing old bookmark file to replace existing one.
If something goes wrong, you can start all over.