[tor-talk] How to debug "missing" HiddenService

Quan quan at tormail.org
Thu Dec 13 23:25:41 UTC 2012

I have over 100 HiddenService entries in torrc files.

I just discovered that some .onion addresses are not reacting at all. It
always comes to timeout. Other onion addresses on the same server work
just fine.

I turned on the logs (Log info-err,  SafeLogging 0) in Tor and I see one
of these "missing" addresses in the logs:

[info] directory_post_to_hs_dir(): Sending publish request for v2
descriptor for service 'fkjbkelilisqd4gh' with descriptor ID...

"grep" on tor log for other onion addresses did not show any of the
missing addresses.

Does anyone have an idea why some of the addresses always timeout? Is
there a way to debug this?