[tor-talk] please suggest a new project name for Anonymous Operating System

Nick Mathewson nickm at alum.mit.edu
Tue Aug 28 14:05:25 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 4:39 PM, adrelanos <adrelanos at riseup.net> wrote:
> I'd be nice if you could make suggestions for a good project name.
> Things like "anonym.os", "anonymous.os", "anon.os" are already taken.

Personally, I think it's not so important to have a name that tells
you what the product is.  Tor's doing okay, after all, without being
called "Anonymaster" or "Streamhider" or whatever.

I'd also suggest heading over to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placeholder_names_in_different_languages
and finding something with a very low search-engine hit count.

--
Nick