[tor-talk] Using TOR and mirroring sites over it please give advice

anemailaddress at tormail.org anemailaddress at tormail.org
Mon Aug 27 23:34:31 UTC 2012

Hi

hoping I am using this mailing list service right! :)

I wanted to ask about anonymity and general advice about using HTTrack to
create a mirror over TOR. I got it to work by doing this

+changed the proxy setting of HTTrack to 127.0.0.1:8118 (for privoxy)
+ran Privoxy and altered the main config file by adding this instruction

forward-socks5 / localhost:9050 .

so it is chained to HTTrack I think it is said and now Privoxy directs
HTTracks HTTP requests through TOR. Now I can download clear net websites
or hidden service sites.

some kinds of questions, if maybe I do not ask the right ones please point
in the direction

+ is there a better way?
+ is this current setup a good one for anonymity or is there any problem?
+ have I made any mistakes above?
+ do you have any general advice? Example: how to make speed faster

Help is very welcome I am but a peaceful nooblet :)

TIA

Case