[tor-talk] Up-to-date Repositories

Ondrej Mikle ondrej.mikle at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 20:50:49 UTC 2012

On 08/27/2012 08:31 PM, Robert Marquardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> All RPM repositories on deb.tpo (outside the OBSOLETE/ directory)
>> contain the current -rc release 0.2.3.20-rc .
>
> Ok, I thought the latest RC is 0.2.2.35.

The 0.2.2.38 is latest stable, 0.2.3.20 is the RC for 0.2.3.x series. The plan
was to catch the rpm packaging bugs before 0.2.3.x goes stable.

> Then I tried to reinstall Tor with the following result:
>
> http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/rpm/el/5/i386/repodata/primary.xml.gz: [Errno -3] Error performing checksum
>
> It looks like Repositories created using RHEL6's createrepo-0.9.8-4.el6 is not usable in RHEL5 + yum 3.2.27.
>
> See: http://lists.baseurl.org/pipermail/yum/2011-January/023583.html

Ah thanks, I knew about one of these checksum issues when building the EL5 rpms.
While the unsigned rpms installed ok, signing rpms and createrepo are two other
instances where the checksums come into play for EL5 when "crossbuilding".

I see a cmdline option for createrepo right away, have to check how to
workaround it for rpm --resign/--addsign.

Ondrej