[tor-talk] Torifying Java and Flash

Random Tor User randomtoruser at hushmail.com
Mon Aug 27 09:43:29 UTC 2012

Hello
Found this guide on how to proxify JonDonym.
https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/en/help/flash-applets.html

It would seem from my limited understanding of proxy leaks, that it's
possible to torify Java and Flash in the same way.

If the application leaks the real IP address, it's game over, but if I
run the proxifier and application to be proxified/torified from within
a VM, it doesn't matter if the application leaks the guest VM's real
IP.

This is my hypothetical setup:

Host system running Tor (listening on socks port 9050).
Guest VM running Java, Firefox and a proxifier.

The proxifier points to my host system's instance of Tor on socks port
9050.

The guest VM is locked down and may only access the internet through
the host system's Tor socks proxy on port 9050.
Is there any weakness in this setup?