[tor-talk] Up-to-date Repositories

Robert Marquardt email at robert-marquardt.com
Sun Aug 26 22:58:22 UTC 2012

Hello Andrew,

> The rpms are no longer maintained as most distributions
> are maintaining their own versions (with varying degrees of quality).

True. But on the website: https://www.torproject.org/docs/rpms.html.en its stated different:

"Do not use the packages in the native repositories. They are frequently out of date. That means you'll be missing stability and security fixes.".

And I would really welcome if The Tor Project would maintain the RPMS too.

Because I added the Tor repository on several machines with CentOS (serving as middle- and exit nodes) where Tor is not in the default repositories and outdated in the additional repositories.

Thanks,
Robert