[tor-talk] Freedom not Fear 2012: Great opportunity for Tor advocacy

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Tue Aug 21 11:14:47 UTC 2012

There's an upcoming bar camp in Brussels (2012-09-14 - 2012-09-17) that
is relevant to our interests, but doesn't seem to be on the calendar yet:
http://www.freedomnotfear.org/
https://wiki.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de/Freedom_Not_Fear_2012

It's likely to be attended by a fair number of non-technical people
who strongly care about privacy and can reach other people that feel
the same, but for various reasons aren't using Tor already, or use it
but have misconceptions about what it protects against.

It would be great if an official member of the Tor project could make it.

People who are willing to provide the EU with a bunch of personal information
additionally may be able to meet with representatives of the EU commission and
the EU parliament and qualify for a travel allowance of up to 120 EUR.

For details see:
https://shop.foebud.org/fahrt-nach-bruessel-zu-den-aktionstagen-freedom-not-fear-2012.html

I intend to be there and feel confident talking about Tor in general,
arm and Vidalia (which I only use as monitor, though), but I'm not in
a good position to say more than a couple of words about e.g. Orbot,
Tor cloud, TBB or Obfsproxy.

Fabian