[tor-talk] Orbit and transparent proxy rules

Rick Valenzuela lists at rickv.com
Fri Aug 17 04:16:21 UTC 2012

On 2012/08/16 11:56 PM, Simon Brereton wrote:
> I installed Orbit and went through the wizard and followed the
> recommendations (i.e. to let it proxy everything since I don't know
> what I'm doing).  I had it set to start on boot, but I turned that off
> because it doesn't seem to work.  In essence, I get a warning stating:
> WARNING: error starting trasparent proxy

In Settings, you might have to check "Use default iptables". I don't
remember having to do this with ICS, but for sure it's necessary with
Jelly Bean.

It may also depend on your kernel, if you're using non-stock. If you're
using Semaphore, you should also check the option for Netfilter in the
Semaphore scripts app.