[tor-talk] http://torbrowser.sourceforge.net

Nick Mathewson nickm at alum.mit.edu
Thu Aug 16 19:06:07 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 2:11 PM, A. Megas <textbrowser at gmail.com> wrote:
> My turn.

Alexis, I don't think this "antispam" guy is talking about Dooble the
browser.  He's talking about "Randolph"/"Perrymike"/whoever's
so-called "TorBrowser."  He's talking about "that package" and a
"Dooble Bundle" to distinguish it from the actual TorBrowser that we
distribute in TBB.  It's not TorBrowser.  It is a browser based on Tor
and Dooble, and I guess that's why he's calling it "Dooble Bundle."

But yeah, I can appreciate how this would upset you! It sure is
annoying when people conflate your project with an irresponsible one.
How would you like it if there _were_ a dubious project out there
calling itself "DoobleBrowser" or "DooblePackage", whose author was
working under the name MegaAlexis?

That is how I feel about Randolph ripping off my software's name, and
Mike Perry's name, and who-knows-whose-name, and actling like he's
doing it for my own good.

I wish he would rename his software, redesign his website, and
actually warn his users that his stuff is not our stuff in a way that
they would notice.  If he has a shred of decency or good sense, he
will do so.

--
Nick