[tor-talk] Orbit and transparent proxy rules

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 16:56:28 UTC 2012

Hi

I installed Orbit and went through the wizard and followed the
recommendations (i.e. to let it proxy everything since I don't know
what I'm doing).  I had it set to start on boot, but I turned that off
because it doesn't seem to work.  In essence, I get a warning stating:
WARNING: error starting trasparent proxy
and although I have a green icon telling me that I'm connected to the
Tor network, the check page tells me I'm not using Tor (which means
that other assertion is a lie :)

How can I debug and solve this?  There are some sites I'd prefer to
use with Tor when I'm mobile.  I'm not really worried about the other
applications (although keeping Google's hands of my location might be
somewhat of a plus).

Cheers

Simon