[tor-talk] http://torbrowser.sourceforge.net/

Randolph D. rdohm321 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 21:35:42 UTC 2012

As you already can see on the website, it is added (maybe done later than
you looked first):

"TorBrowser Source code is open source and not affiliated with Tor, but
simply use Tor. "Tor" and the "Onion Logo" are registered trademarks of the
Tor Project, Inc. Content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution 3.0 License, unless otherwise noted."

this should remove any confusion.

do we agree to this? not affiliated means independently. As tor is used,
tor should be working as needed.
"Guarantee from the Tor Project" should then be the same, you might mean
"Guarantee from the TBB",  but see above: it is clear that it is not an
offical bundle, but might become one, as you write: empirical existence and
development will show later.
In case you cannot live with "not affiliated, just simply uses Tor" and it
is still creating confusion, we can adjust that even more.

Thanks. Regards