[tor-talk] http://torbrowser.sourceforge.net/

Karsten N. kn at awxcnx.de
Wed Aug 15 20:26:18 UTC 2012

Hi,

I tested the latest Dooble release with SOCKS5 proxy (with Tor) and HTTP
proxy (with JonDo) and the preconfigured I2P proxy for eepsites.

It leaks DNS queries and FTP requests in all cases. Yes - it leaks DNS
queries with the preconfigured I2P proxy too. At first the system DNS
resolver (defined in /etc/resolv.cónf) was asked for *.i2p domains.

The issues are Webkit related. Other Webkit browsers like Google Chrome,
Rekonq and others are affected too.

In my opinion Webkit-based browsers are not suited for anonymous surfing
with Tor or any other anonymisation service.

Best regards
Karsten N.