[tor-talk] Tor as ecommerce platform

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 08:34:07 UTC 2012

> I ask again, because I want the answer to improve us:
>> > How would you have us promote Tor?

Setting aside for the moment those possibly arguing illegal cases...
I don't think you can do much different, or better.
Even if you repeat the historical wisdom that the current
presumed good parts of the world are in part due to the 'illegal'
revolutionaries, freedom fighters, even 'terrorists' and
thoughtcrimes that came before them... that in itself is inflammatory.
All the current use cases are offensive to someone somewhere.
Just not to most, or those where Torproject is based.
Base it in the DPRK and I'm sure Lil'Kim would rise from his
grave to let you put flipping off the USA and Juiche as use cases.

> The EFF accepted bitcoins and then removed it. We chose

Ahh, yes, I was mixing that up from the tor.eff.org era. Thanks.