[tor-talk] Tor as ecommerce platform

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Fri Aug 10 17:19:41 UTC 2012

On Thu, 9 Aug 2012 00:47:26 +0300
Maxim Kammerer <mk at dee.su> wrote:
> The “Tor users” page isn't presented as a promotional page, it is
> presented as a factual one. I also remember discussion on this list
> where I expressed doubt about some aspects listed there (military
> uses), and the overall claim was that the page is a good
> representation of the current userbase.

The Tor users page is based on a number of people who have told us how
they use Tor. They didn't want to be named, so the profiles are
anonymous and aggregated.

However, since you want named users willing to put themselves at risk,
here they are https://people.torproject.org/~andrew/tor-user-stories/

These were initially public in 2008 and 2009 for a series of articles
on the now defunct Knight Pulse blog.

I ask again, because I want the answer to improve us:

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact