[tor-talk] Tor as ecommerce platform

adrelanos adrelanos at riseup.net
Wed Aug 8 21:58:36 UTC 2012

> [1] http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/vdhs8/hi_iama_we_are_core_members_of_the_tor_project/c53jzqv

"I ran an end node for a month or so. I sniffed and logged the traffic
for a while, just out of curiosity. I don't know if it was sheer bad
luck or what, but after a week a significant chunk of the traffic was to
cp websites [...]"

Is this actually true? I've seen in a discussion that there is 00, yes
0.0 cp on clearnet, because there are no countries which tolerate it and
therefore all server admins immediately delete it. Most cp is in private
groups and .onion. Important: he can not sniff .onion traffic. (encrypted)

So how has he observed a lot people visiting cp sites if there are not
any on clearnet and if he can't sniff .onion sites?

I think it's populism against Tor.