[tor-talk] Tor as ecommerce platform

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Wed Aug 8 17:09:03 UTC 2012

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 09:07:49 +0300
Maxim Kammerer <mk at dee.su> wrote:
> I doubt that the Tor Project will ever acknowledge such support. Tor
> developers (or at least policy people) like to pretend that Tor is
> used for purposes that they consider morally right, and ignore the
> uses that are morally wrong [1].

How would you have us promote Tor?

We have a FAQ (as you pointed out) to answer the obvious questions
about criminal usage of Tor. We're fully aware criminals can and do use
Tor. If Tor shuts down today, who loses and who wins?

I notice a lack of child abusers, terrorists, money-launderers, and
drug dealers as use cases on the Liberté Linux motivation page
(http://dee.su/liberte-motivation).

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact