[tor-talk] anyone created an acct on GMX using Tor?

antispam06 at sent.at antispam06 at sent.at
Sun Aug 5 12:16:55 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012, at 06:15, dumbnewbie wrote:
> In my country it's difficult (but not impossible!) to obtain "throw
> away" SIM cards due to industry regulations that require telcos and
> retailers to obtain proof of ID at the point of sale and registration
> of SIM cards. AFAIK,  this proof of ID and the SIM card information is
> registered with a government agency.

Do not forget that as every SIM card comes embedded with a serial number
that does most of the identification and not the actual phone number
printed on the box, each telephone also has a serial number. Those two
strings are stored just like anything else, like location updates,
number you have called or have called you and so on. If Sony does have
years old registration data and credit card numbers in its possesion,
I'd say it's sane to assume the phone company stores this data for ever.
So giving that phone to your brother in law or lending it from a
highschool friend doesn't make much of a difference.