[tor-talk] anyone created an acct on GMX using Tor?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 19:08:45 UTC 2012

> The only way I've been able to create a Gmail account recently was through an Android tablet. I installed Orbot and Orweb APKs so all traffic was through Tor at the time, then created the account through Settings > Acounts & Sync > Add Account.

I'd be wary of that approach. It would be some work for me to verify
on such a semi-closed system that all traffic did go through Tor. Even
if it did, if any closed binaries/firmware on that system are involved
in the process, they could easily be sending your
MAC/UUID/serial/IMEI, etc over TLS as part of the signup process.
Which as you use further apps, services, and surfing would be linked
to that. I don't know much about Android hardware/software, but if
this is the case, I'd rather not spend that much money on what would
then necessarily become a one time use device.