[tor-talk] anyone created an acct on GMX using Tor?

dumbnewbie dumbnewbie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 10:11:04 UTC 2012

Joe Btfsplk <joebtfsplk at gmx.com> wrote:

>Good to know, but how?  How'd you create Gmail acct w/ Tor & not give
>mobile #?  How did you get GMX to accept a Tor address (got lucky?).
>I'm not arguing. Obviously, I'm not as experienced / crafty / lucky as
>some, so looking for HOW folks *recently* created email accts w/
>various
>providers, using Tor - or other "anonymous" ways.  I haven't tried -
>every - provider w/ Tor & would prefer not to spend days.

The only way I've been able to create a Gmail account recently was through an Android tablet. I installed Orbot and Orweb APKs so all traffic was through Tor at the time, then created the account through Settings > Acounts & Sync > Add Account. I was surprised it didn't want a phone number.
I've created accounts with hushmail but they block some exit nodes.
I saw http://safe-mail.net mentioned  before and I can confirm that they don't reject Tor users. I use these guys the most. I've read some suspicions about them, though, because their NS is through barak.net.il but I don't know if that's a valid concern.

Cheers,
dn.