[tor-talk] how does Tor generate IP Address

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Thu Aug 2 17:33:25 UTC 2012

On 8/2/2012 11:07 AM, anu nivas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know how IP addresses are generated by Tor. If I use Tor ,
> is there a chance that my IP address would be assigned as proxy address of
> another Tor client?
If you mean, a chance that your REAL ISP - assigned address; assigned to
your router / acct, when you're computer is connected to your ISP's
network - then answer is no.
Your real ISP would never be assigned by a Tor node (server) because
they use ranges of IP addresses of their own.

If you're asking if > 1 Tor user could be assigned the same exit IP
address at same time, the answer is yes.