[tor-talk] anyone created an acct on GMX using Tor?

adrelanos adrelanos at riseup.net
Wed Aug 1 18:56:50 UTC 2012

jed c:
> This is a wacky idea. No harm in trying though. How about trying something like hidemyass through tor? I know it doesnt really provide anonymity, but maybe it will mask your location long enough to open an account. If you can open the account then reset your password after setup.

If you connect to Tor first, then visit hidemyass or similar and then
register, if you do that only once, I see no problem with that as long
you only use it for registration and not entering identifying data.

Note that hidemyass or similar will know the whole content of the
transmission because it's a web based proxy. Therefore change your
secret answer, alternate e-mail and passwords after setting up the account.

The question remains if after account creation you will have less
trouble over Tor or if hidemyass or similar isn't blocked for
registration as well.