[tor-talk] Private Tor network on IPv6 only

Nick Mathewson nickm at alum.mit.edu
Wed Aug 1 14:40:17 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Bjoern A. Zeeb
<bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2012, Nick Mathewson wrote:
>
>> Tor
>> On Jul 31, 2012 7:07 PM, "Jed Gainer" <jedgainer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> why does Tor still force IPv4 when TestingTorNetwork is set?
>>>

>> Tor doesn't currently do a good job of supporting IPv6 at all for anything
>> beyond bridges.  We hope to fix that in the next several months in the
>> 0.2.4.x release series.
>>
>> I don't have a current plan for IPv6-only support.
>

> Well if you find yourself on a dual-stack without IPv4 anymore you
> need to handle it.

Sorry; I meant that I don't have a current plan for IPv6-only
*network* support.  I'd like IPv6-only clients to work, but I haven't
placed a very high priority in getting a network with no IPv4 at all
to work.

If somebody wants to work on that, great.

best wishes,
--
Nick