[tor-talk] anyone created an acct on GMX using Tor?

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Wed Aug 1 01:48:48 UTC 2012

On 7/31/2012 7:26 PM, jed c wrote:
> This is a wacky idea. No harm in trying though. How about trying something like hidemyass through tor? I know it doesnt really provide anonymity, but maybe it will mask your location long enough to open an account. If you can open the account then reset your password after setup.
Thanks, it's an idea.  Don't know that web proxies use different
addresses for different users, anymore than Tor does.  Worth a shot.

In their auto response that said the "we can't process your request
right now" error being from many users sharing one address, they used
example of an office or organization that uses one address for whole
network.  I know they & other providers are trying to prevent spammers,
fraud, etc.  I'm none of those, but they don't know me from Adam, even
if I tell them I'm using Tor.

A lot of sites & services don't like Tor users because they can't tell
if you like privacy / anonymity or are up to no good.  I guess GMX has
caught up w/ Gmail & others, making it hard to create accts using Tor.