[tor-talk] Tor 0.2.3.15-alpha is out
arma at mit.edu
Mon Apr 30 21:05:51 UTC 2012
Tor 0.2.3.15-alpha fixes a variety of smaller bugs, including making
the development branch build on Windows again.
(Packages coming eventually.)
Changes in version 0.2.3.15-alpha - 2012-04-30
o Minor bugfixes (on 0.2.2.x and earlier):
- Make sure that there are no unhandled pending TLS errors before
reading from a TLS stream. We had checks in 0.1.0.3-rc, but
lost them in 0.1.0.5-rc when we refactored read_to_buf_tls().
Bugfix on 0.1.0.5-rc; fixes bug 4528.
- Fix an assert that directory authorities could trigger on sighup
during some configuration state transitions. We now don't treat
it as a fatal error when the new descriptor we just generated in
init_keys() isn't accepted. Fixes bug 4438; bugfix on 0.2.1.9-alpha.
- After we pick a directory mirror, we would refuse to use it if
it's in our ExcludeExitNodes list, resulting in mysterious failures
to bootstrap for people who just wanted to avoid exiting from
certain locations. Fixes bug 5623; bugfix on 0.2.2.25-alpha.
- When building with --enable-static-tor on OpenBSD, do not
erroneously attempt to link -lrt. Fixes bug 5103.
o Minor bugfixes (on 0.2.3.x):
- When Tor is built with kernel headers from a recent (last few
years) Linux kernel, do not fail to run on older (pre-2.6.28
Linux kernels). Fixes bug 5112; bugfix on 0.2.3.1-alpha.
- Fix cross-compilation isssues with mingw. Bugfixes on 0.2.3.6-alpha
- Fix compilation with miniupnpc version 1.6; patch from
Anthony G. Basile. Fixes bug 5434; bugfix on 0.2.3.12-alpha.
- Fix compilation with MSVC, which had defined MS_WINDOWS. Bugfix
on 0.2.3.13-alpha; found and fixed by Gisle Vanem.
- Fix compilation on platforms without unistd.h, or where environ
is defined in stdlib.h. Fixes bug 5704; bugfix on 0.2.3.13-alpha.
o Minor features:
- Directory authorities are now a little more lenient at accepting
older router descriptors, or newer router descriptors that don't
make big changes. This should help ameliorate past and future
issues where routers think they have uploaded valid descriptors,
but the authorities don't think so. Fix for ticket 2479.
- Make the code that clients use to detect an address change be
IPv6-aware, so that it won't fill clients' logs with error
messages when trying to get the IPv4 address of an IPv6
connection. Implements ticket 5537.
o Removed features:
- Remove the GiveGuardFlagTo_CVE_2011_2768_VulnerableRelays option;
authorities needed to use it for a while to keep the network working
as people upgraded to 0.2.1.31, 0.2.2.34, or 0.2.3.6-alpha, but
that was six months ago. As of now, it should no longer be needed
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 190 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the tor-talk