[tor-talk] Tor with ttdnsd and unbound

anonym anonym at lavabit.com
Sun Apr 29 11:53:12 UTC 2012

04/28/2012 10:52 PM, Tom:
> I'm starting all the above services but DNS resolving doesn't work (tested
> with dig). From what I understand ttdnsd should run as a demon and ps -A |
> grep ttdnsd shows it just after starting it. But shortly afterwards ps says
> that there is no process like that.

I believe you're hit by the exact same ttdnsd bug as in Tails:

    https://tails.boum.org/bugs/ttdnsd_broken/

So, you have to switch from using Google's DNS (which blocks Tor
nowadays) to OpenDNS or whatever DNS server you trust. You'll still be
unable to do multiple DNS requests at a time, though.

Cheers!