[tor-talk] Restarting Firefox

proper at secure-mail.biz proper at secure-mail.biz
Mon Apr 16 18:09:23 UTC 2012

I don't think that's a clean and easy solution. Your tool laying around on some third party server and barely anyone being aware and using it.

Possible solutions:
- As a intermediate fix: Simply change the Windows behavior, not to close Vidalia/Tor when Firefox is terminated. (Like already on Linux and OSX.)
- Add an option to Vidalia "Do not close Vidalia/Tor, when Tor Browser gets terminated".
- Or simply provide two start scripts: start-tor-browser-bundle; start-vidalia-tor.

The two start scripts seem the most easy and clean solution to me. One could (auto)start start-vidalia-tor for relaying (or SocksPort for other applications). And start tor-browser later. Finally close tor-browser and keep Vidalia/Tor running.

> Ok, understandable.
>
> then again, SocksPort is just one line.. I mean one
> could write a simple
> script and publish it for such users (which I might
> do in order to
stop