[tor-talk] Restarting Firefox

proper at secure-mail.biz proper at secure-mail.biz
Mon Apr 16 16:43:31 UTC 2012

> I'm sorry because I haven't read the entire conversation up until now, but
>
> if people are using Ubuntu, what is stopping them from doing
>   sudo apt-get
> install tor    ;

Will conflict with Tor Browser Bundle. (SocksPort on same port.)

> configuring relaying in torrc

Vidalia was made for less technical users, to help them to make those adjustments with a gui. We shouldn't got back to times telling "edit torrc".

> and using the Firefox/Aurora/whichever
>
> browser from TBB (would need to change the listen port, etc.)?

Complicated again. Instructions required to do so, that's the reason for this thread. The current state is not really desired.