[tor-talk] SafeCookie / ARM

Airosoβicz fb. airosovicz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 15:02:49 UTC 2012

Hi Damian,

Code that I wrote for torctl and copied into arm raised an IOError when it
> encountered an unrecognized authentication method. According to Robert you
> should have both SafeCookie *and* normal Cookie authentication but the
> former
> is making arm choke.

SafeCookie is making Tor choke with or without the normal Cookie
authentication setting..

Fixed this in arm...
> It should be working now if you use the version from git...
> git clone git://git.torproject.org/arm.git

Fantastic.. However though, how do I get it to work again.. I used to have
a pkg installed & could just run ARM as a _tor user but now from the git
clone I did an install into /usr/share/arm/ but I've no clue how to get it
to work.. Pls forgive my stupidity in this but I've never ever worked with
Python before..

Regards,
E.