[tor-talk] Download manager

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Tue Apr 10 18:09:42 UTC 2012

On 4/10/2012 9:32 AM, Tor User0000 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think the most annoying thing using TOR are failed downloads. :-(
>
> You try to download a 5MB file and the download stops various times and you
> have to start over and over again, crossing all fingers to get the file
> downloaded.
> As Firefox does not support very good download management, its a pain to
> download even small files with TOR.
>
> Is there any add-on or app that can be used without been concerned about
> security (Linux)?
> I just want a working resume function, nothing else.
I'd be leery of stand alone download mgrs w/o thorough research.  Some
have been identified as adware, spyware.  A "safe" one wouldn't be
phoning home for any reason unless directed to.  Meaning, you could turn
off updates, etc.

I can't say 100% it would never compromise Tor anonymity, but I've used
DownThemAll addon for Firefox for a long time & it's extremely popular.
Maybe others can comment if there's a chance it could violate privacy
using Tor / TBB.