[tor-talk] 'Iran plans to unplug the Internet, launch its own "clean" alternative'

andrew at torproject.is andrew at torproject.is
Tue Apr 10 11:40:45 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:46:00AM +0300, zebro.kojos at gmail.com wrote 0.8K bytes in 20 lines about:
: Perhaps there are more sources with more detailed/sourced info.

The source story a few places are quoting seems to be
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/325415/20120409/iran-internet-intranet-censorhip-freedom-tehran-google.htm.
I don't believe it. I believe it is just posturing by the government
to scare citizens into using the localized email/search engines they
are building. Sort of like saying, 'The Eye of Sauron is watching your
Internet traffic, why not use halal/native-farsi services by your own
countrymen?'

: I suppose if the Dark net plan were more mature at this point, it would be

A darknet won't help if all external access is blocked. However, just
like the satellite dish ban in Iran, policy and technology are two
different things.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact