[tor-talk] SAFECOOKIE

Damian Johnson atagar1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:21:40 UTC 2012

Sorry about this, it's actually my bad. Code that I wrote for torctl
and copied into arm raised an IOError when it encountered an
unrecognized authentication method. According to Robert you should
have both SafeCookie *and* normal Cookie authentication but the former
is making arm choke.

Fixed this in arm...
https://gitweb.torproject.org/arm.git/commitdiff/d1b56733f521a33eb44d0ba86001d8fd40e242af

It should be working now if you use the version from git...
git clone git://git.torproject.org/arm.git

I wanted to hold off on making another arm release until I'd done the
stem migration but I'll probably need to before that simply for all of
the fixes...

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/arm#PendingReleaseNotes

Cheers! -Damian