[tor-talk] SAFECOOKIE

Airosoβicz fb. airosovicz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 11:34:26 UTC 2012

> From: Robert Ransom <rransom.8774 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [tor-talk] Tor build failed - can't find libevent..
> On 2012-04-04, Airosoßicz fb. <airosovicz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I've got a problem building Tor from source which has to do with
> libevent..
>
> > # pkg_version -v | grep libevent
> libevent2-2.0.16
>
> Oh, you're using FreeBSD.  Their goofy libevent2 port screws everything
> up.  Build Tor using the security/tor-devel port.
> Robert Ransom

No need for the snare Robert, but thanx for the help..
I had removed the v1.4 of libevent, removed the tor-0.2.2.35 pkg from the
Db & built the new tor-0.2.3.13-alpha from the
/usr/ports/security/tor-devel port which built fine, nicely taking into
account v2.0 of libevent.

All's nice & peaches you might think but not quite..

Starting the Anonymous Relay Monitor (arm) which I run as a front-end to
keep check on things, it complains with
the following: Unrecognized authentication type: SAFECOOKIE.. And yes I do
have CookieAuthentication as a setting in my torrc, so what else needs to
be done..?

Regards,
E.