[tor-talk] Absence of digital signature of TBB sources

andrew at torproject.is andrew at torproject.is
Thu Apr 5 01:10:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 04:15:35PM -0300, erinn at torproject.org wrote 2.0K bytes in 62 lines about:
: > The official TBBs are built from the sources in Git, not from the
: > tarballs.  There probably shouldn't be any release tarballs for TBB
: > source code.
: Agreed. As for now, I've re-signed the current tarball, but for the next
: release the website will be updated to only refer to the git tag and tarballs
: will be discontinued.

Ok, I'll ask. How is using a git tag better than the source tarball?
And how does a user follow the exact same steps we do to build their
own TBB from the git tag?

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact