[tor-talk] Refreshed Tor Cloud Images

ix4svs at gmail.com ix4svs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 22:25:46 UTC 2012

On 1 March 2012 00:04,  <ix4svs at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 February 2012 13:33, Runa A. Sandvik <runa.sandvik at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Runa A. Sandvik <runa.sandvik at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The Tor Cloud [1] images for all the seven regions have been updated to
>>> include the latest cloud image for stable Ubuntu release 10.04.4 LTS
>>> (Lucid Lynx). These new images are available on the Tor Cloud website.
>>
>> And I just updated the website to include private bridge images as well.
>
> Splendid. Just spun up one instance per region - will report on their
> usage & costs once I get the first bill.

As promised:
https://apapadop.wordpress.com/2012/04/03/tor-relays-in-the-amazon-cloud-usage-charges/
or
http://tinyurl.com/6wn6z6f

Summary findings:
1. Running _one_ cloud instance is very cheap (less than $5/month).
2. Running 5-6 instances from the same Amazon account gets you in the
$100-$200/month region
3. For some reason, instances in the Sao Paulo and Tokyo data centres
see much more traffic than other regions.

I would recommend everyone with an Amazon account spin up an instance
in Sao Paulo or Tokyo.

Alex