[tor-talk] <<EntryGuards>>

Paul Syverson syverson at itd.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Sep 27 16:11:33 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 06:13:09PM +0300, Zaher F. wrote:

> if u make a look here : http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/
>

> u will see some nodes are mentioned as Guard and some not...
>

> so i am talking about those Guard ones to making them as entry nodes...

Yes. When your Tor software picks three guards, it picks them
from the ones that are labeled as Guard. If you mean why are
some labeled and some not, there is an attempt to pick nodes
that are neither too flaky nor too slow to be relied on regularly
as guards. See more details at.
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/dir-spec.txt

-Paul