[tor-talk] using TOR without any browser

Marco Predicatori marco at predicatori.it
Fri Sep 23 11:16:55 UTC 2011

kamyar beigi, on 09/23/2011 10:32 AM, wrote:
> Julien, i want to use BackTrack and i need anonymity when using
> "Command Prompt" , for example "apt-get" or "wget " ,etc. what
> should i do now?

Do you mean through an ssh connection to a remote server? In this
case, having Tor running on my local machine and connect.c compiled,
this is the command I use:

~$: ssh remote.server.of.yours -o ProxyCommand="connect -4 -S
localhost:9050 %h %p"

Disclaimer: I use this trick only to connect to my server after my
IP has been banned for entering the wrong password, so I'd recommend
to wait for more qualified opinions about its effectiveness in terms
of anonymization.

Cheers.

--
http://www.predicatori.it/marco/