[tor-talk] New Browser bundle

Achter Lieber zzretro999 at email2me.net
Wed Sep 21 09:33:18 UTC 2011

Hello.

 Have I missed something? The new Browser Bundle for Windows shows the
 browser to be Aurora and not Firefox?

 Also, and the following has been consistent with every new version of Tor I have downloaded:
 JavaScript and Cookies are all enabled. Why is this?

 I thought that having both disabled was better for anonymity, and perhaps safety too.

 If I 'start the Tor browser', it will connect but in order to disable those settings I have to
 change them and then restart the Tor again. Doesn't this show that I am using Tor and
 where I am? I live in a country where using any sort of proxy is illegal and risking having to
 speak with people whose logic is quite different than my culture is not something I look forward
 to.

 There doesn't seem to be a Tor server in this part of the world so I am shhhh outta luck for
 finding someone to help me with Tor.

 Thanks