[tor-talk] (no subject)

Achter Lieber zzretro999 at email2me.net
Tue Sep 20 11:18:49 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Runa A. Sandvik
Sent: 09/19/11 02:21 PM
To: tor-talk at lists.torproject.org
Subject: Re: [tor-talk] (no subject)

 On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Achter Lieber <zzretro999 at email2me.net> wrote: > I must say that I downloaded what you call an "old version" just a few days > before from the tor website and it was listed (so to speak) as the new > update version for 1.2.26. I try to regularly check for updates every few > days so this jump in numbers really caught me by surprise, along with your > comment. > > I was wondering if this new version is for a USB and if this jump had > anything to do with the CA that was found to be fake in the last week or so? Yes, you can put the Tor Browser Bundle on a USB stick. And yes, we did release updated bundles after the whole DigiNotar incident. You may want to read https://blog.torproject.org/blog/diginotar-damage-disclosure and also look for blog posts about new browser bundles. -- Runa A. Sandvik ___________________ Again, thanks Runa. I will read that and I was mistaken about it being 1.2.26. It was 1.3.26 Adios ____________________________ tor-