[tor-talk] Tor banned in Pakistan.

Matthew pumpkin at cotse.net
Sat Sep 10 21:08:35 UTC 2011

>> It would be good to know what technologies these ISPs will implement to
>> do the packet inspection for encrypted tunnels.  Half the problem is you
>> don't really know what they'll be looking for and so you don't know how
>> to circumvent.

Forgive my ignorance but why would there be any need to inspect packets for
tunnels?  Would the authorities not just ask every ISP to monitor the IPs
to which their clients are connecting and if they are Tor nodes then the
client must be reported.  AIUI all the ISP can see is that a connection is
made to the first Tor node.