[tor-talk] TB-1.4.2

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Fri Sep 9 10:36:42 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 07:41:28AM +0000, Orionjur Tor-admin wrote:
> I have install the TB-1.4.2 on my Iceweasel 3.5.16 working under Debian
> Squeeze AMD64.

You should realize that using Torbutton on your own browser is a dying
concept:
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/toggle-or-not-toggle-end-torbutton
There aren't that many known bugs now in using Torbutton this way,
but in a few months there may well be known serious bugs that we have
chosen not to fix.

> I can see new option "New Identity" in that version of TB, but it is
> disables.
> What is that option and why it disabled?

http://archives.seul.org/tor/talk/Aug-2011/msg00241.html

"However, the New Identity button and the Hotmail fix are only
available to Tor Browser Bundle users."

> Furtherinmore, there are no option "reffer spoof" in the TB-1.4.2; why?

The changelog of Torbutton 1.4.1 includes
  * bug 3809: Disable referer spoofing (fixes navigation issues)

--Roger