[tor-talk] TBB 2.2.32 & Automatic Updates

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 7 13:06:37 UTC 2011

Hi,

Yesterday I downloaded tor-browser-2.2.32-3_en-US.exe and set it up on a USB stick.  When I try to start it, it gives a connection refused by peer message just after parsing the GEOP.  If I retry, it says Tor stopped unexpectedly. Vidalia hangs after giving the message Bootstrapped 100% done. I cannot get the advanced message log to give any debug entries.
If I close that browser bundle and use Task manager to make sure that Tor and Vidalia really are not running, then start tor-browser-2.2.31-1-alpha_en-US.exe which I downloaded on August 21, that version starts with no problem and continues to open Aurora.  I am using that instance to send this e-mail.

I am using these on a Windows Vista laptop in a hotel that requires logging on to their Wi-Fi  for a time limited session with a web browser before they allow access to the internet.  I am using IE to log on and leaving it open as they requested.

David Carlson