[tor-talk] Debian-tor 0.2.2.34-1~~squeeze+1 PID/UID bug

unknown unknown at pgpru.com
Fri Oct 28 17:44:59 UTC 2011

If I run previous version of tor Linux-Debian packages and type 'ps aux | grep tor'
then the first field is the user "debian-tor".

After upgrade that field displays only uid (106) but /etc/passwd for debian-tor is correct.

I use transparent firewalling for rerouting local traffic into Tor
and use a name "debian-tor" as iptables option.

After that update this option is not working. I just replace "debian-tor" to "106" in iptables rules and
everything works again. I think some leakage of private information is possible, depends of personal
firewall settings but not significant. Most of programms just not works with wrong username firewalling.