[tor-talk] still problems - update available

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Fri Oct 14 19:49:25 UTC 2011

On 10/14/2011 2:21 PM, Robert Ransom wrote:
> On 2011-10-14, Joe Btfsplk<joebtfsplk at gmx.com>  wrote:
>> Someone said the problem of inaccurate notices from TBB that an update
>> was available was fixed.  This morning, I'm still getting the notice.
> Have you restarted TBB since you were told that message was fixed?  I
> just restarted one of my TBBs, and it performed the update check again
> and didn't show the ‘your TBB is out of date’ message.  (Yes, the update check is only done on startup.
Yes, you sent this while I was typing reply to Andrew.  See that post.
I restarted it - several times&  cold booted machine.  With a 2nd fresh d/l of 2.2.33-3.  The STARTUP / tor check screen has - EVERY time, in big orange letters,
"There is an update available for the Tor Browser Bundle"  It's obviously a false report, because there isn't a new version.