[tor-talk] notice - newer ver available just after install latest TBB

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Thu Oct 13 14:26:35 UTC 2011

On 10/13/2011 3:48 AM, Mike Perry wrote:
> Thus spake Koh Choon Lin (2choonlin at gmail.com):
>
>> Hi
>>
>>> the same think happened for me...
>>> after downloading the nwe version and running TBB
>>>
>>> aurora come out with the same message of update...
>> Second that.
> What URL are you guys being sent to on check.torproject.org? Have you
> tried restarting Tor Browser in the past couple hours? You need to
> restart to actually perform the versioncheck...
I  think you misunderstood the later posts after OP - the REAL latest -
latest TBB ver was downloaded & on FIRST start gave the notice an update
was avail.
I believe others said it's fixed now (thanks) - but w/ the orig details
of problem, there shouldn't be any need  to install a new ver &
immediately RESTART it to stop false warnings.  That makes no sense.  It
wasn't just that it DID a ver check on 1st start, but said a new ver was
avail, when it wasn't.