[tor-talk] German police keylogger analysis (and the effects on Tor are....?)

Karsten N. kn at awxcnx.de
Thu Oct 13 12:02:00 UTC 2011

Am 13.10.2011 08:39, schrieb William Wrightman:
> Is moving to Linux one solution?

I agree with Adrew, there is no 100% solution.

But you can do as much as possible to increase your security.

Moving to Linux (or OpenBSD ;-) ) is one step.

Full disk encryption is possible. For Debian or Ubuntu you can enable
full disk encryption at installation time. It does not need any
additional software. (I am not sure about other distributions.)

For WIN you may use Truecrypt or Diskcryptor or other software for full
disk encryption. Since version 6.1 Truecrypt can use hardware tokens
together with pass-phrases.

Live-CDs are a possible solution too.

You may apply many steps and it will be better than doing nothing
because you can not get 100% security.

Best regards
Karsten N.