[tor-talk] notice - newer ver available just after install latest TBB

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Wed Oct 12 17:50:20 UTC 2011

On 10/12/2011 10:05 AM, andrew at torproject.org wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 09:47:26AM -0500, joebtfsplk at gmx.com wrote 0.5K bytes in 11 lines about:
> : Immediately after extracting / starting the "latest stable" TBB
> : 2.2.33-2 (today) from
> : https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en, Aurora
> : popped a msg saying a newer version was available.
>
> What time did you get the notice on check? The updated version file was
> in place at 2011-10-12 12:53 GMT. Prior to that time, you may have hit a
> false positive result.

Well, I see the version (S) listed apparently did change just after I
d/l it this morning, BUT...

There are still diff ver #s listed in diff places as the "latest."
Here, (dated * Sept.* 10, 2011 ???) it says the new ver is *Tor Browser
Bundle (2.2.32-4) -
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/new-tor-browser-bundles-6***
**I don't know if the page url "... bundles-6" refers to ver of Firefox,
but if so, shouldn't it be "bundles-7"?

Follow that link - for Windows - & it says: /Version 2.2.33-3/.  So,
what is the latest TBB version?

My apologies, but I've thought for a while that news about new releases
for many Tor Project apps was a bit disorganized.  I see diff things
about releases, in diff places on the Tor site.
This isn't a big deal - I just think it could be better organized.  At
times, sort of appears the right hand doesn't know what the left is
doing.  I understand developers are in a rush, but Tor is confusing
enough for less savvy users w/o posting conflicting info.  I don't
consider myself (severely) "less savvy," but I know how they feel.
*

*