[tor-talk] WSJ- Google- Sonic Mr. Applebaum

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Tue Oct 11 11:18:50 UTC 2011

On 10.10.2011 23:20, Jeroen Massar wrote:
>>> Does not matter what service you use, they all fail under the pressure
>> Use your own servers at the co-lo. Use TPM and tamper-proof systems.
> Does not matter, given enough power/money/force your adversary can walk
> into that colo and use vampire taps to replug (both power and network)
> your box without you noticing anything and monitor the rest from there on.

If the box is at a place under your control, you will at least know.
Replugging can be noticed (packet drops, changes in voltage) and the
system can be shut down/wiped.

BTW, I want to set up a scalable mail server like that, so if anyone has
useful input, please let me know.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/