[tor-talk] Comcast Residential - terms of service

Gregg Nicholas jolted1 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 17:02:12 UTC 2011

I wanted to support the idea of free speech for people in
repressed countries.  However, shortly
after installing TOR, Comcast threatened to force me to a business account
(extra $12/month).  So, I've killed my
node.  Still don't know if Comcast will force some penalty on me. I'd switch to another broadband provider - if there was one.  (around here, DSL is too slow to be counted as broadband)

Has anyone considered an option to drop client
connections from the United States?  Better yet, maybe we could just drop client connections from Comcast
Support addresses <grin>.

(It's beginning to sound like the United States is a repressed country.  Freedom of Speech is only for those who can afford it.)