[tor-talk] [S_ _ _] Please vote for Torservers so we get 1000 Euro

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Thu Oct 6 14:51:53 UTC 2011

On 06.10.2011 14:28, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
>> Vote here if you are okay with it:
>> https://verein.ing-diba.de/sonstiges/01099/zwiebelfreunde-ev
> This is a very worth cause - I would have no problem voting.  But in the
> tradition of Tor security & in light of all recent discussions about
> faked SSL certificates, shouldn't you have included your public key,
> esp. when asking reader to follow a link from email - concerning such a
> topic?

You are right, I should have signed the mail.

> It was marked spam by my provider (I removed from subject).  I'm fairly
> sure it is really you, Moritz, (though no way to tell) but it is an
> unsolicited / unexpected link through email.

I put in [SPAM] in the header because I don't feel too comfortable
advertising "vote for me" links.

That being said, thank you all for voting. Don't forget that you have to
open the confirm link that is sent via email AND then push another
button on the website to make it a valid vote.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/